PECAN PIE BARS



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

  • 3 Cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 Cup white sugar
  • 1/3 Cup Brown sugar
  • 1 Cup Butter
  • 1/2 tsp salt
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugars, butter, and salt until the mixture becomes crumbly. 

3. press crust mixture into the bottom of a greased 9X13 inch pan and bake for 20 minutes.



  • 1 stick (1/2 Cup) unsalted butter
  • 1 Cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 2 TBSP heavy cream
  • 2 cups pecans, chopped


4.
combine the butter, brown sugar, honey and heavy cream in sauce pan and stir over medium heat. Simmer for about 1 minute and add in pecans.



5. remove crust from oven and pour pecan mixture on top. making sure to smooth over entire surface.

6. return to oven and bake for 2o additional minutes.

7. remove bars from oven and allow to cool before removing from pan.




                                                                  Photobucket

2 comments:

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Oh I want a pecan dessert now! I love the pie and bars! They need to get into my belly now! haha!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Sounds decadent!

Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd. <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog or following along with my journey. I genuinely hope you enjoy my posts and can possibly find some of them helpful. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post them or email me. :)


up